Monday, June 27, 2016

Tic-Tac-Toe Tag with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about choosing your tic-tac-toe from the following grid that teammember Maura made.


It was a difficult choice picking my line, I'd done almost full house. Eventually I chose the sequins-stencil-washi combination. Simon Says Stamp has recently released a new release called Among the Stars and in this release are also the Watercolor Paintable Prints. These are printed on Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor cardstock. The little beach house I colored with Prima Marketing Watercolor Pencils and then cut it out by hand.


The background of the tag I wanted to give it a beach feel for the little beach house. For the sand I used Frayed Burlap and I chose Broken China for the sky. To bring more depth to the background I used the Ringer stencil and went with the same colors over it.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

15 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm in love with that little house, Sandra! What a genius way to use the watercolor paintables!!

Hugs,
Cathie ♥

Stephanie said...

Fun tag, Sandra!! Love the stamped stitching to frame it :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Sandy said...

Wonderful tag and fantastic video. Sandra I really enjoyed your video with the fun music. The order I am going to make with Simon Says Stamps right now - I will tell them it is because of YOU!!!!!
sandy xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous tag Sandra, I love that you used a paintables, I need to get me some of these, the whole design of this is awesome! LOVE it! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a lovely and beautiful tag, Sandra. Love the stitches! :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a precious tag! LOVE the little house!

Maura said...

This looks like a sweet little beach house, Sandra! It is just so cute and happy and looks wonderful on your tag!

Mimi said...

Very cool! My initial take was that you could pin this to some new dish-towels as a house-warming. Love the palette.

Words and Pictures said...

I love love love this tag - the colours, the pop of dimension on that adorable house, the cute sequin detailing - it's one of my favourites of yours ever, for sure! Thanks so much for welcoming me this month - it's been a joy to play alongside you and this amazing team.
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Terrific video too! Ax

Kath Stewart said...

I love this too...the soft colours and the adorable beach hut...hugs kath xxx

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a charming little tag! I love the iconic image of a house and I, too, could not pass up the washi square on the bingo grid! Really great work here and it was a joy to see!

Barbara said...

Fabulous tag Sandra! this stamp is fantastic and you've created a beautiful scene and background for it! Love all the details! barbara

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous tag Sandra...the colours just work so well and I adore that charming little house! Hugs... :)

Macarena said...

This is great as always and that is no surprise at all! I love the background and this absolutely sweet house! Great job and my fave TV series! Hugs, Marzena