Monday, November 2, 2015

So Glossy Card

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about creating something: So Glossy.

Gloss gel medium and a stencil is one of my all time favorite combos. Ah, but that isn't all that shines here in my studio! From glossy accents to clear embossing powder, gloss cardstock to shiny domed embellishments there is a lot of gloss power around here. This week we encourage you to find some glossy product and let it inspire your ceration.


I crazy about the transparent texture paste. Inspired by Tim's tag of September 2015 I made this card for my sister's birthday. I had a left over piece saved from when I was doing the background for the September tag. Love that I've used it as a background for this card.

 

Since the theme is glossy, I've used as many glossy materials as possible. Starting with the Glossy paper. Then I went in with the Gloss Texture Paste and the Honeycomb stencil to create texture and of course gloss.



A transparent sheet is super glossy. So I stamped on that with StazOn and the circle of the Trust the magic stamp set. The Happy Birthday of the Simon Says Stamp Birthday Balloons stamp set. I used embossing powder to create more gloss.


SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

14 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous Sandra! I LOVE the colors, the stamping, the texture, the shine! Just beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Such a pretty color combination! I love it :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Becca Cruger said...

Gah! Everything about this is so incredibly amazing. LOVE the eclectic layers and how all the black bits seem to play off each other. GORGEOUS!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Sandra :-) the glossy detail and colours are perfect! I love how you used the washi tape too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Maura said...

What a fun birthday card, love the colors!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I really love how you made your glossiness happen here! I've never used glossy medium through a stencil. The dots all look incredible and I think the end result is so stunning!

Annie said...

such a fab for your sister Sandra x I am sure she will love it too. The background looks awesome and the finishing details look great too
Have a lovely weekend
Annie x

Michelle said...

This is beautiful! I had forgotten all about the transparent paste....until now! Now I have to add it to my wish list. I love this!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous layers of texture. I love that you can see the circles with their translucency and then the doily clear layer. Beautiful!

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is gorgeous! Sandra. I love the beautiful texture and colors :)

Barbara said...

Amazing piece! love all transparent layers! Barbarayaya

Emma Williams said...

Such a gorgeous card and I love all the layers and the textures! Just wonderful, Sandra! Hugs... :)

Anna-Karin said...

Wow this is super glossy Sandra! And so pretty! I love the effect of the transparent paste and all the different patterns.

Words and Pictures said...

Love the rich jewel colours and that glossy texture adds such light to the whole thing - fabulous transparent layers.
Alison x