Monday, February 17, 2014

Gelatos Party

Hi everyone,

This week is all about "a Cameo Appearance" at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! What do you think about when you think of a cameo? A guest appearance by a celebrity in a show, you want to play with your Silhouette Cameo perhaps a vintage necklace? Let's get inspired and join us!


When I think of a cameo I think of silhouettes. That's why I have used the Silhouette stencil from Jenni Bowlin for the invitations to my party. For this card, I started working with my Gelatos Designer Kit and 50's Diner. I simply can't get enough of playing with my Gelatos. I just love the drippage and remove methods. Those are so much fun. Click here for the instructions on these techniques. This time I used the remove technique with the exclusive Diagonal Stripe Stencil from Simon Says Stamp.


The Silhouette stencil Jenni Bowlin got a boy and girl silhouette facing each other and this in a repeating pattern. I only wanted three girls silhouettes facing the same direction. I masked off the boy silhouette and used the two outer girls with Black Soot Distress Paint colored Modeling Paste mixed ​​with Distress Embossing Powder Black Soot in it for texture. To get the middle girl precisely aligned I have marked her position. Once the boys are masked off, it's difficult to align.

For more contrast, I stamped the Retro Circles by Tim Holtz with Archival Jet Black Ink. I've made ​​splashes with Black Marble Dylusions Spray. Because of the way the Gelatos reacts with Distress Ink, you can see the lines through the letters of the School House Stencil.


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

24 comments:

May said...

I'm really loving the bold color!

Patricia said...

Heel gaaf weer zeg!
Gr Patricia

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely pop of bold colour Sandra. The black silhouettes really sit well against your backdrop. Lovely . Tracy x

Annie said...

What a fab background Sandra...love all the layers of paint and stencils in wonderful bright colours. the silhouettes look amazing against your background. Very inspiring

Crafty hugs

annie x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow! Super cool background, Sandra! I'm loving everything about it!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anna-Karin said...

This is so stunning Sandra!! LOVE the vibrant background and the three silhouettes were a perfect idea.

Michelle said...

You have a gift for working with color. Beautiful! I love that stencil. And I love how you used it. Very creative as well as gorgeous.

Sandy said...

Grand spectacular colors Sandra - you do nothing but get better and better and yet I see so much of your original style that captivated me in the first place. When I think of a cameo I think of my grandmother who I loved dearly. I do like the repeating pattern of the little girl. Well done!!
sandy xx

Being Mrs Miles said...

Wow Sannie,

Your project is BRILLIANT - in every way, coloring FO SHO!!! It fairly sings - so refreshing in these oh so dull winter months.

Blessings,
Barb

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Another "wow" project! I really liked how you did the diagonal lines combined with the "messy" paint drips. You always create unique and unexpected elements and I think this is the perfect mix of modern (colors and patterns) with traditional (cameos). Well done!

Marjie Kemper said...

Scrumptious colors and coloring…. love how you've done this one!

Emma Williams said...

Truly gorgeous and I love those silhouettes against the bright, bold background...it's just a stunning piece and I love it!! :) xo

Maria said...

Sannie! First off, please forgive me for being the biggest stranger. I've been following along all your beautiful creations but haven't said hi. I love your card and those Jenni Bowlin silhouettes - you are quite the artist! Your love for life really comes through in the bright colors you work with. :) Keep up the beautiful work!!

Anonymous said...

another gorgeous creation, full of awesome color!

barbarayaya62 said...

Fabulous background! I really like the Gelatos, I just bought and I absolutely have to try them! Looking at the wonderful result of your card, you're definitely enjoyed to use them! I love your colorful style! BArbarayaya

Jenny Marples said...

Such a bold look. Love what you're doing with gelatos Sandra. Jenny x

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous blend of colors with the fantastic cameos in the striking black to draw the eye down through this mix of colors. Bold and beautiful!

Meihsia Liu said...

Sweet creation, Sandra! I always love the background colors on your projects, so cheerful and bright. Wonderful design! :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

How crazy fun is this? Love the vibrant color, and you do the drips so well! The cameo stamp is fabulous with that angel's profile!

Beulah Bee said...

I really should have commented before now because the work you've posted over the last several weeks, made with Gelatos, is very appealing to me and I appreciate the tips you've provided for using them. The bold colors are really eye-catching especially when combined with dark inks and washi tape. This looks like such a fun and useful medium, I really must try them myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fantastic card Sandra! Love the colorful vibrant background and stenciled detail!

Terry said...

Let's Party is right, Sandra! Love this vibrant card and all those stunning layers! What a great Cameo stamp! Hope you are having a great weekend! Hugs!

Nancy said...

I love the boldness of the colors and how they pop..the layering is perfect..I really need some of those geletos..thanks for the inspiration..another great card!!!!

Hugs
Nancy T.

Anita in France said...

Wow, those black silhouettes are fabulous against the gorgeous bold background, Sandra ... sooo vibrant! Anita :)