Monday, August 6, 2012

Painted up heavy metal style

Hi everyone,

Happy Monday! This week, we all can go crazy with our favorite paint technique at Simon Says Stamp and Show! I chose the painting technique from Andy Skinner. A while back, I did his online workshop and I'm totally impressed by it and what I've learned. The only problem is that I'm very impatient and would like to see results immediately. And you can't rush this technique. Not if you want the best results. Because I'm so impatient, I chose a small area to tackle, like this tag, so I still can have quick results! Ha, I found a loophole! LOL







Out of respect for Andy Skinner and his amazing online workshops, I can't show you how it did this. But I will tell you the trick to creating the old metal effect is using a tiny bit of paint on your brush. Shhhh, you didn't hear this from me! If you want to know more about this technique, Andy gives this online workshop regularly. He has several different ones. I'm so going to do more! Love it!



To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

16 comments:

anna christensen crafts said...

Oooh! Dark, exciting and stunning! I love it xx

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, this is so cool! Love the aged effect you achieved here and all the metal pieces. Awesome! TFS!

Annie said...

hi Sandra. This is stunning I so love this metal look and how fab to have participated in Andy's workshop. This is certainly an inspiring piece x

Candy C said...

Sandra, your tag is amazing. I just completed Andy's course and loved it. You did a wonderful job on your rusted metal technique. I love your design and all of the elements that you've added to create such a beautiful illusion. <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Sandra, love your tag, love the aged effect and such a cool effect. I am participating in one of Andy's workshops in August, I am really looking forward to it. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

Anonymous said...

love the affect you achieved on this - totally fabulous!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

AWESOME!!!! Cool design for sure and so loving the color!

Marjie Kemper said...

This is stunning! Thanks for enabling me to sign up for another online course.... lol!

Patricia said...

Wauw wat een PRACHTIGE tag zeg Sandra!!!!!
Echt een stoer staaltje werk!
Groetjes Patricia

Suzanne C said...

Oooh.. Love the effect! Such a cool metallic tag! Wonderful design too!

Reflective Art Studio said...

Wow... I really love this...
You have truly out did yourself, Again.
Warmly-
Sarinda

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

Gave Tag Sannie,al die effecten, helemaal jouw ding & in het echt nog mooier dan op de foto!
Liefs,
Leintje*

Terry said...

Wow! This "Heavy Metal" tag is so cool! Love all the painting and those gears look just like metal! Happy Thursday!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Sannie!! What an amazing tag! The way you have embossed it and distressed it really looks like metal! I love the addition of chains around it as well, super neat!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Words and Pictures said...

Patience certainly paid off... it has such depth and texture. Amazing technique, brilliantly used!
Alison x

Maria said...

Oh my word - this totally looks like metal! Love the look of this tag, you did an awesome job!!