Monday, August 20, 2012

No rules, let's PARTY!

Hi everyone,

Can't believe it's Monday already and with a new Monday we have a new Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge! This time there are no rules, anything goes! Super cool and totally fun to let loose and do your thing! Let's get the party started!
Finally I got the pictures of my parents surprise party from two cousins ​​of mine. It was such a wonderful day and I wanted to display the photographs and create something that wouldn't be tucked away in a closet. This frame I had laying around and it was perfect for what I had in mind. Because it is an album, I will show just a few pages of it, the ones which I like most, and tell you more about them.




First I sanded the plastic frame and painted with white paint dabbers. To give it a bit of an depth I've used some silver paint. Then I thought it would be better to cover the frame with tissue tape. And I was right... Well at least I think so..


As the cover I've used a piece of transparant sheet and embossed it with the Collage embossing folder. The weathered clock is from die cut from grunge paper and I painted it completely black. Then covered it  with some Tattered Angels Glaze. I really love that glaze! It makes everything shimmer! Lets see, now for the centerpiece of the cover. Yes, I didn't want lots of text, I wanted only to show the number of years my parents where married. The search for the perfect font began. After a while looking at different fonts I didn't know what I wanted anymore and it all became a blur. So I picked a big and bold one. I let my Silhouette cut it out for me from Neenah Cardstock. And distressed it with Distress Ink and the Grid stamp from Kaisercraft. The wings I've colored with a water brush and Distress Markers. I love coloring that way! I wanted to add something more to the cover. Then I saw the Maya Road Bingo numbers, luckily I had the right numbers so I spelled the date of the surprise party!


All the pictures I've edited on my iPhone with an app and printed it by a local photo shop.
On this page is a picture of my parents all flabbergasted. Hilarious, don't you agree? The background is made with a Mr. Huey template and different colors of distress ink. The letters are from the decorative strip Inside Out. They both turned 65 years, this year...


This is a page with a picture of me, looking all happy. I've kept this page very simple. As a base I used Neenah Dessert Storm cardstock and stamped the background with the mixed media stamp set from Tim Holtz. Then darkened edges with Distress Ink and sewn a border all the way around. The flourish die cut is a mover and shaper and it also has a beautiful aqua shine. On the bottom edge I've used the on the edge die.


On this page I've placed two identical photographs (of my sister, she really dressed up for the occasion, we all had to look twice to recognize her!) which are different sizes. So nice when there are no rules! Here I used the outer edge of the inside out die.



When making an album with lots of pages, you need lots of supplies. Well, I do! Below the mega long supply list of the materials I used for the whole album!



To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Stamp and Show Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

16 comments:

Patricia said...

Echt weer een PRACHT staaltje werk hoor Sandra!
Super mooie details.
Groetjes Patricia

Candy C said...

What a wonderful keepsake you have created for your parent's 40 Anniversary. Love the flip page idea. Such a striking cover! <3 Candy

Jenny Marples said...

What a great scrapbook Sandra. Loving the clear cover as it gives you a tease of what is to come. Hugs, Buttons x

Anna-Karin said...

Wonderful minibook Sandra and such a great keepsake for your parents. The cover is amazing! Love the embossed acetate, clock, big numbers with the clock hands. TFS!

crealinedance said...

Hallo Dat heb je mooi gedaan.Gr.Nel

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeous album to celebrate what looks like a great time! The cover is just fabulous!
Alison x

Suzanne C said...

Sannie this is a beautiful and brilliant gift! What a lovely cover with the wings behind the numbers! The pages are gorgeous and a perfect gift to celebrate their special occasion!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a fabulous project and a wonderful way to keep those photos out! Beautiful cover and so much to see on it! Love your photos and your cute pixie cut!

Minxy said...

A beautiful project that's priceless with memories, there is no better art :)
Hugz Minxy

Terry said...

Hey San, echt je best gedaan weer zeg jeetje wat een prachtig aandenken heb je voor je ouders hun huwelijksdag gemaakt, echt TE GEK hoor meis, veel liefs Terry xxxx

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool project!!! LOVE!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

GAAF gedaan weer Sannie!! En wat een prachtige materialen heb je allemaal gebruikt. Ik heb ook nog een paar van die lijstjes liggen om mee aan de slag te gaan. Ik vind het ook erg leuk dat je die voet van het lijstje zelfs ook hebt "gealtered". Je zus staat inderdaad heel erg leuk en mooi op de foto, leuk om al die foto's te zien. En natuurlijk sta jij er ook prachtig op.

Liefs,
Leintje*

Terry said...

What a keepsake treasure, Sandra! The photo album is beautiful and the embossed pages really give a nice touch to the photos! Looks like a fun time for all! Hugs!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Mega cool photo album, Sannie! I really love how the die cuts on the front page are literally coming off the page!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Awesome mini album ! And wow that's quite a supply list. Thanks for stopping in at my blog, it's appreciated, Shirley

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh my gosh, Sandra, this is fabulous!!! I remember when you were working on their anniversary and I'm so happy you've made a special album to capture all the festivities. LOVE the flying 40 with the clock!